Man, it’s hot outside! Instead of eating ice cream all the time, I decided to turn to popsicles to be a little healthier. It’s pretty similar to making frozen yogurt (see my Strawberry Scones & Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe), just in a popsicle mold.
I don’t add additional sugar to these mixtures, so they’re not very sweet, but I like them that way and it keeps them a little healthier. I basically mixed two separate mixtures: one with strawberries and one with mangoes. I blended one of the fruit mixtures in a food processor until everything was liquid-y, cleaned it up, then blended the other fruit mixture.
My husband doesn’t like mango very much, so I made a few that were just strawberry too. I kept extra mixtures in the refrigerator for about a day or so and refilled the molds as we ate popsicles. I froze the rest and ate them like frozen yogurt!
Strawberry Mango Chia Popsicles
- 1.5 cup strawberries
- 1.5 cup mango
- 4 tsp. chia seeds, divided in half
- 1.5 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, divided in half
- 1.5 cup almond milk, divided in half
- Blend the strawberries, 2 tsp. chia seeds, half of the Greek yogurt, and half of the almond milk in a food processor. Set aside
- Blend the mango pieces, 2 tsp. chia seeds, half of the Greek yogurt, and half of the almond milk in a food processor. Set aside
- Fill popsicle molds most of the way, alternating strawberry and mango mixes
- Freeze for 6+ hrs
- Run molds under warm water and remove from plastic outer mold
- Nom nom nom!
Estimated Nutritional Information (per popsicle): 100 calories; 1.6 fat; 1.2mg cholesterol; 70.8mg sodium; 260.8mg potassium; 15.5g carbs; 7g protein